While in the hospital, patients receive great comfort and support from family members and those who assume primary support roles in their care. At St. Joseph Mercy Health System we know that the presence of family/primary support can contribute greatly to a patient's overall health and well-being.
All family/primary support chosen by the patient or their representative will receive full and equal visitation rights with the exception of guests who pose a risk of infection to the patient, a threat of physical harm or who will not abide by visitation guidelines.
To support a safe and restful environment:
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult visitor.
- Please do not visit if you have a cough, cold or fever.
- Visitation hours are flexible and are determined by the needs of the patient.
- Nighttime Quiet hours begin at 9 pm. Guests who are not staying the night are encouraged to begin to allow patients their nighttime rest.
- Family members and visitors who stay past 10 pm will be required to wear an identification badge. Badges may be obtained from the Hospital Main Lobby Information desk, Imaging Center Information Desk or the Emergency Department.